Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catman's Night at the Museum

May 18th is International Museum Day.

In 2006, Tallahassee author Jan Annino called me and expressed interest in writing about Dave the Cat and me, and I was very happy to share my cat stories.

"Florida's Famous Animals" was published by Globe Pequot on February 12, 2008, and Dave and I are Chapter 2.

The book is $7.00 new at Amazon and qualifies for free shipping on orders that total at least $25. I have given away copies to friends and family and I maintain several for my family's next generations. I will occasionally autograph copies upon request.

Curators at the Museum of Florida History at 500 South Bronough Street in downtown Tallahassee contacted me after the book was published and asked me for photos to include in their "Pets in America" exhibit which ran from June 21 through August 10, 2008.

I attended a special exhibit preview and Leon County Humane Society fundraiser at the museum the evening before the exhibit opened and contributed a new, never-worn 1988 Catman T-Shirt to the auction that originally retailed for $8.50. It sold for $30.


When the exhibit opened to the public the next day, I brought my grandsons Dylan and Gabriel to share in the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment